CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Proposal

It finally happened! Brian finally proposed!!!
For those of you that don't know the whole story, the decision for Brian and I to get married was mutually reached through discussion. There was never a proposal, I picked out my own ring. I know... not very romantic. But, hey, the end result was the same. Last summer the band of my ring broke, and while I still wore it, it became weaker and weaker. Eventually a piece of it actually broke off and I really couldn't wear it anymore. I suggested a month or so ago that fixing my ring would make a really good Christmas or Valentine's present. He asked if I wanted a new ring or just to fix the old one or what exactly I wanted. I told him that he knew what I liked by now and that I just wanted to be surprised - I didn't want to pick it out myself again. I thought there might be something up over the past week or so because he asked a couple times about my ring size, but I didn't pry.
Tonight I had a recital at school, but had to run home between. I came in and gave Sierra a hug and a "look" passed between her and Brian. It looked like she was trying to get him to do something. So, he came over and knelt on one knee and opened up a ring box and proposed. He had my original diamond put into a new setting. Sierra was giggling the whole time - apparently she thought it would be a good idea to propose and put him up to it. I quite agree. So, after a year and a half of marriage and 7 1/2 months of pregnancy, I can finally say that Brian asked me to marry him. :)

1 comments:

HoneyGram & Papa said...

Good job Brian, Dad still hasn't asked me to marry him after 31 1/2 years, 5 children, 3 additional adult children and 5 1/2 grandchildren. There is always room for romance any time. I hope you will always nurture that love.