CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Baby Update

I went to have what will probably be my final ultrasound this morning. Everything seems to be checking out just fine - the technician told me 3 times that baby looks like she's already to go. I suggested that we just go have her today, but apparently technicians don't get to make that call. What we found out is that baby is head down, facing toward my back. There is still plenty of fluid. And, based on the measurements, she currently weighs about 7 pounds. Apparently babies typically gain between 1/2 to 1 pound per week during this time, so we're looking at an 8-1/2 to 10 pound baby. I'm hoping for the former. :)


Here are a few pictures. They're not as clear as some of the previous posts. Because the baby is so big now, there's not a lot of room to get a good shot. The other thing that I learned is that at this point, baby's bones are calcified, so the ultrasonic waves can't go through the bones, making it harder to see things.


These first two pictures are a side view. Her head would be off to the right. You can sort of see her leg bent up on the bottom left. We could see her heart beating and her "breathing" from this view. I'm also planning to use one of these shots to show my band students exactly what a diaphram is.


Another side view, but pulled back a bit so you can see her head to the right.

I've spent the past several nights trying to get video of her moving around in my belly. She really moves around a lot, but as soon as the camera comes on, she gets shy and doesn't move around much. I'll keep trying.

0 comments: