CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Visiting School

I took Sophie to school today to visit all my co-workers and students. It was so much fun. I didn't take any cool pictures, but I couldn't help blogging about it. (Mainly because there have been so few new posts from everyone lately.) ;) I had emailed teachers to let them know I was coming in, but surprised the students by walking in to the jazz band. They were SO excited to see us. I got hugs from virtually everyone and they were so excited to tell me what's been going on with them. They oooo'd and awwww'd over Sophie and she woke up to say hello. I stayed until the 6th grade band came in. They too came up and gave me hugs and reiterated how cute Sophie is. I visited with Cindy for a minute and then went in to her office to feed Sophie. When I was done the 6th grade choir asked if they could sing to her. They were so proud of themselves for singing her to sleep - I didn't have the heart to tell them that she was actually asleep before they started singing. But I appreciated it. I went to the office to see the secretaries and counselors and administrators. About half of them thought Sophie looked like me, the other half thought she looked like Brian. I guess she's becoming quite a mix. I stayed to eat lunch with the 8th grade team (my favorite lunch). That's the part that I miss the most - the lunchtime conversations. It was very enjoyable. But it also made me appreciate even more the time I have at home. After lunch I took Sophie down to see the 7th grade band, who screamed in surprise when I entered the room. I couldn't even get into the door because they all crowded around the entrance to see us.
As much as I want the kids to work hard for Cory (the substitute) and to be successful in their performances, it's nice to be missed. :)

0 comments: